Restaurant-Style Kadai Paneer Recipe
Hey everyone! Kadai paneer is a famous restaurant-style dish and I'm super excited to be sharing my version of it from home!
This recipe came to be because chicken tikka masala is one of my all-time favourite dishes. When I went to visit my family this summer, I really had wished I could share with them my chicken tikka masala recipe. However, most of my family members are vegetarian, so naturally that presented a problem! A great substitute to chicken is paneer, which we all adore its soft texture and how well it absorbs masalas! This recipe was a fantastic hit for my family, where I incorporated elements of chicken tikka masala and threw in some nice veggies for colour and additional flavour. If you're looking for a fun vegetarian Indian feast then you definitely need to try out this recipe! Enjoy!
Ingredients
This recipe came to be because chicken tikka masala is one of my all-time favourite dishes. When I went to visit my family this summer, I really had wished I could share with them my chicken tikka masala recipe. However, most of my family members are vegetarian, so naturally that presented a problem! A great substitute to chicken is paneer, which we all adore its soft texture and how well it absorbs masalas! This recipe was a fantastic hit for my family, where I incorporated elements of chicken tikka masala and threw in some nice veggies for colour and additional flavour. If you're looking for a fun vegetarian Indian feast then you definitely need to try out this recipe! Enjoy!
Ingredients
- 150g paneer, cubed
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 25g ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes
- 2-3 green chiles, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup tomato puree or passata
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- pinch of ground green cardamom
- 1/2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1-2 tbsp honey or sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat a wok on medium-high heat and add 1 tsp oil. Add the diced onion and diced peppers. Cook the vegetables until they have a slight char, do not cook them fully about 3-4 minutes. Strain and transfer them to a bowl.
- In the same wok, reduce heat to medium and add rest of the oil and butter. Add the chopped onions and saute until they are slightly brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green chiles. Season with 1/4 tsp salt to help break down the tomatoes. Add the ground coriander and turmeric and mix well. Continue cooking until the tomatoes have completely broken down about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the tomato puree, add salt, red chilli powder, ground green cardamom, and crush in kasoori methi. Give it a stir and cook until oil begins to dissipate from the sides. Keep stirring from time to time
- When the oil releases, add honey or sugar, blend well and the paneer. Mix well and cook on low heat until the paneer has absorbed the masala.
- Finish the dish with heavy cream. Add in the sauteed veggies from earlier and mix them in. Serve hot and enjoy with naan, roti or rice. :)
Comments
Post a Comment